About Miss Lola Says
The original blog Miss Lola Says debuted in 2010. It was filled with content about etiquette, good and bad manners, and soft skills. The current iteration is much of the same, including some old content resurrected, but made simpler and more pertinent to today’s social norms. Much has changed in seven years. And much has not changed, especially a need for discussion on civility, decorum, and the social skills needed to navigate this thing called ‘life.’
To call this an etiquette blog is an understatement, because it endeavors to accomplish so much more.
- Miss Lola Says is about helping people feel comfortable in their own skin.
- Miss Lola Says is about answering common and uncommon questions about social decorum and skills.
- Miss Lola Says is about deconstructing rules of etiquette and reconstructing the rules of etiquette to fit your unique lifestyle.
- Miss Lola Says is about encouraging people to be their best selves void of pretenses, snobbery, and a false sense of superiority.
- Miss Lola Says is about debunking myths about social behavior, and there are many.
This quote sums up our mission quite nicely.
“Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.”
― Emily Post